A Private Note to Our Members:
Blackhawk Area Credit Union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with BACU. As a member of BACU, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
- BACU will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services and nothing else.
- BACU will protect your personal information. Our credit union will maintain strong security controls to insure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, insure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of BACU, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to insure that our records are complete and accurate.
- BACU will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- BACU will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The business we select will offer products designed to enhance our members' economic well being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- BACU will offer you a choice on how your information is used. Any member of BACU may elect to keep information from being shared with our business partners. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed.