It’s About Time... It’s About Your Money
Direct deposit is fast, easy and safe. When you use it, you have more time to do the things you really want to do. And because it is fast and efficient, your money is working harder than ever.
Millions of people already take advantage of direct deposit for their paycheck. You should too! And remember, there are more ways than you might think to benefit from direct deposit.
Direct Deposit Benefits:
- PAYCHECKS: Your paycheck will be automatically deposited into your account on payday. Instead of a trip to the credit union, you’ll receive a pay stub from your employer verifying the deposit. Your money is available the day it’s deposited.
- PENSIONS: All kinds of retirement payments can be direct deposited, including: Federal, state and local pensions; military retirement payments; railroad retirement; civil service annuity; private pensions; Veterans Administration compensation or pension.
- SOCIAL SECURITY: For those receiving Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), direct deposit is easy. Just go to your credit union (make sure you have your social security number) and ask them to help you start direct deposit.
- TAX REFUNDS: Want your refund faster? Have it deposited directly into your account at the credit union. To request a direct deposit, follow the instructions for “Refund” on your tax return.
- DIVIDENDS: Regular dividends from stocks or mutual funds can be deposited directly into your credit union account. Dividends are electronically credited to your account on the payment date. Check with your broker or fund company to make arrangements.
- CHILD SUPPORT BENEFITS: Custodial parents and those providing similar service, such as child care, child support, adult day care and foster care, can have their benefits direct deposited. See your issuing agency and ask for a direct deposit request form.
If you’re still wondering if direct deposit is right for you, consult your credit union about all the opportunities to help you get the most out of your time and money with Direct Deposit.